Information Technologies in Industrial Automation
The group's research focuses on the engineering of software-intensive automation systems, including such topics as:
- Model-based software engineering;
- Distributed automation systems;
- Artificial intelligence in automation;
- Simulation, testing and formal verification of industrial cyber-physical systems;
- Interoperability of production automation information systems;
- Integration of industrial information: technologies, data models and standards.
Recently the group has invested heavily into energy automation. The main focus is on the Internet of Energy - the IT enabled energy production and exchange infrastructure based on prosumers. Smart grid research interests are multi-agent control and security and integration of applications such as smart lighting. We also research about safety of current and future energy systems, including nuclear automation.